Think Time News/Provoke-Thought

This will include stories and practical truths combined with my opinions and thoughts. You can email with your thoughts and stories of application. My spelling promises to often be wrong, my grammar will rarely be perfect, and I will often be politically incorrect. Forgive me in advance. If you find value in the story told please forward it to your email contacts. To subscribe, email "subscribe" to ProvokeThought@gmail.com to unsubscribe, email "no more".

Friday, April 14, 2006

Your Potential for Good...

John 3:16:
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

You have been selected, along with hundreds of others, to receive a weekly newsletter. This will include stories and practical truths combined with my opinions and thoughts. I will always do my best to keep this interesting and you are welcome to reply with your thoughts and stories of application. Hopefully you can take something away from the letters that you receive, however, I guarantee that you will not always agree with everything I have to write. My spelling promises to often be wrong, my grammar will rarely be perfect, and I can give you expectations of politically incorrect statements. Forgive me in advance. If you find value in the story told, please forward it to your email contacts. To subscribe, email provokethought@gmail.com with "subscribe" in the subject line. To unsubscribe, email with the subject "no more".

Potential for good.

What is your potential for good? Asked in a different way....What is your ability to do good and do you maximize it?

I was told it was C.S. Lewis who said however great your ability to do good, so great is your potential to do evil. An ant has very little potential for good and very little potential for evil. A cat may have a little greater potential for good and evil. Dogs or Cattle have even a greater potential for good and in turn a greater potential for evil. For example: a dog may bite someone or tear up the trash but a dog can also lead the blind or fetch the newspaper.

Humans take the cake. Homo sapiens as a species have the greatest potential for good and evil. This potential also changes with our situation or circumstance. For example, a well respected leader may have greater potential for good and evil than someone with less credibility. In addition, someone who is always in the spot light may have greater potential also. Hence with fame comes great responsibility. Think of the President, for example, great is his potential for good and also great is his potential for evil.

So, back to you. How much good are you capable of? Do you enjoy doing good? I recently had a group of guys over. The comment was made that if we all put our heads and our hearts together we could change the world (for the better). We, however, must not have believed this because we haven't done anything yet. We lacked follow through. Homo sapiens, as a species, are also terrible at follow through. we can think of hundreds of reasons not to do something as opposed to concentrating on the one reason to do it. We have good ideas but we lack focus and follow through.

I know by writing this there is the possibility that I could push someone to over committing. I know that you are busy with your family, job, relationships and I acknowledge that some may have tons of other things going on.

Today I encourage you to think of one good thing you can do that may maximize your potential for good. And then...see it to failure. If it is a bad idea...prove it by trying. Don't talk yourself out of follow through. Write it down and make it happen.

What is your potential for good?

Psalm 34:14
Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it.

Psalm 37:27
Turn from evil and do good; then you will dwell in the land forever.

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home